The XI National Conference of the Society of Surgeons of Nepal (SSN) is being held on 15th , 16th December 2017 at Lumbini Medical College Pvt. Ltd, Palpa. Lumbini Medical College &Teaching Hospital Pvt. Ltd. was established as a 100 beded hospital in the year 2063 B.S and received an affiliation from the Kathmandu University of Nepal on 16th Nov, 2008. Recently, it has been upgraded to a 600 beded hospital with expansion of various services and facilities. It had grandly organized the VI th National Surgical Conference of the Society of Surgeon of Nepal on 22nd -23rd December 2007 and after a hiatus of almost a decade, it is again organizing the National Conference this year.
Palpa District a part of Province No. 5, is one of the seventy-five districts of Nepal. The district, with Tansen Municipality as its headquarters, covers an area of 1,373 km² and has a population (2011) of 261,180.
How to Get there:
There are 2 direct microbus services between Kathmandu and Tansen, which operate daily with 1 bus in both directions each.
- Naya Nepal Yatayat Sewa,
Ph: 075-520675 / 520828 / 520299 in Tansen, or
Ph: 01-4266293 / 4262279 in Kathmandu .
- Tansen: 7:00 am from Shital Pati or police check post at Bus Park
- Kathmandu : 7:00 am from Sundhara
- Paschimanchal Bus Bebasai Samiti,
Ph: 075-520476 in Tansen, or
Ph: 01-4269987 in Kathmandu .
- Tansen: 7:00 am from Nanglo West or police check post at Bus Park
- Kathmandu : 7:00 am from Sundhara
There are also 2 daily local buses between Kathmandu and Tansen
Tansen: 6:00 am Sajha / Sitara bus from Bishal Bazar
• Kathmandu : 6:30 am Sajha from Patan Pulchowk or Gongabu New Bus Park
• Kathmandu : 7:00 am Sitara from Gogabu New Bus Park in Kathmandu
Several daily flights (45 minutes) with various airlines connect Kathmandu with Bhairahawa Airport close to the Indian border (Sunauli), from where it takes about 2 hours to reach Tansen.
From Bhairahawa / Sunauli:
At the airport and in town taxis are available. It takes 2 hours to reach Tansen by taxi. You can also take a bus, but you have to change buses in Butwal.
From Sunauli you can take either the Pokhara Tourist Coach, get off at Bartung junction and take a jeep for the 4km link road to Tansen, or you catch a local bus to Butwal and change busses. Direct buses to Tansen leave Sunauli at 8:00 am and 4:00 pm .
It takes just 1 hour driving up the mountain by taxi or jeep. Between 6:00 am and 6:00 pm local buses ply between Tansen and Butwal every 30 minutes, taking about 2 hours.
There are three daily flights from Pokhara to Bhairahawa (30 minutes)
You can also take the Tourist Coach (5 hours) to Sunauli and get of at Bartung junction and take a jeep. Local buses will take about 6-8 hours to reach Tansen.
Either you catch the Sitara or Sajha bus to Tansen, coming from Kathmandu, (4-5 hrs) or you take any local bus to Butwal (2-3 hrs) and change buses.
If you cannot come by vehicle (3 hrs), you have to change buses in Bhairahawa and Butwal to reach Tansen, as there is no direct bus service.
Places of Attraction
- Argeli Palace was constructed by Juddha Shamsher and is considered a beautiful palace.
- Forts like Kalika fort, Nuwakot fort, Bakumgadi Fort are historic place of attraction
- Mahamritunjaya Statue of Lord Shiva situated at Barangdi which is the biggest in asia among metal statue of Lord Shiva
- Rambha Devi Temple is one of the famous and religious place 31 km east of Tansen in Tahu VDC.
- Ramdi is a religious place in the bank of Kali Gandaki River. On the 1st of Baisakh there is a festival in this area.
- Ranighat Palace (Ranimahal) is also called Tajmahal of Nepal due to similar stories behind the construction of this palace. It was constructed by General Khadka for her wife Tejkumari in 1893 AD.
- Rishikesh Complex of Ruru Kshetra Hindu pilgrimage and cremation site
- Rishikesh Temple was built by the King Manimukunda Sen. According to Hindu mythology, this is the place where some part of body of Satidevei was cremated. It is famous for festival which occurs in 1st of Magh month when hidus come to take bath in Kali Gandaki River.
- Shrinagar Hill is spot for viewing high Himalayas. Dhawalagiri, Tukuche, Nilgiri, Annapurana,Himchuli and other mountains can be viewed from this place.
- Tansen is a historic city with palaces, temples, stupas and historic architecture.
- Vhairabsthan Temple is a Shiva temple with huge trident, believed to be largest in Asia.
1,373 km2 (530 sq mi)
190/km2 (490/sq mi)